Recall Details For: 2006 TOYOTA TUNDRA
NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER - 14V743000
- RUNNING SEQUENCE NUMBER: 107393
- NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER:14V743000
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MAKE: TOYOTA
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MODEL: TUNDRA
- MODEL YEAR: 2006
- MFR CAMPAIGN NUMBER :
- COMPONENT DESCRIPTION: SEATS:FRONT ASSEMBLY:SEAT HEATER/COOLER
- MANUFACTURER THAT FILED DEFECT/NONCOMPLIANCE REPORT: Southeast Toyota Distributors, LLC
- BEGIN DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20050601
- END DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20110930
- VEHICLE, EQUIPMENT OR TIRE REPORT: V
- POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 3233
- DATE OWNER NOTIFIED BY MFR: 20150129
- RECALL INITIATOR (MFR/OVSC/ODI): MFR
- MANUFACTURERS OF RECALLED VEHICLES/PRODUCTS: Toyota Motor Corporation
- REPORT RECEIVED DATE: 20141119
- RECORD CREATION DATE: 20141119
- REGULATION PART NUMBER:
- FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NUMBER:
Southeast Toyota Distributors, LLC (SET) is recalling certain model year 2010-2011 Prius and Corolla, 2009-2011 Venza, 2006-2010 Avalon, 2007-2010 FJ Cruiser, 2005-2011 Sienna and Sequoia, 2006-2011 Tacoma 4x2 and 4x4, Camry, Highlander, Tundra 4x2 and 4x4, and 2007-2011 Rav4 and 4Runner. The affected vehicles may experience compression of the seat cushion which may damage the seat heater wiring.
Damage to the seat heater wiring could cause the wires to short, increasing the risk of the seat burning and causing personal injury to the occupant.
SET will notify owners, and dealers will disconnect the heaters with copper strand heating elements and refund the purchase price of the seat heater accessory, free of charge. The recall is expected to began in January 2015. Owners may contact SET customer service at 1-866-405-4226.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
UNIQUE COMPONENT NUMBER: 000057101000214820000000322