Recall Details For: 2007 SATURN ION
NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER - 12V459000
- RUNNING SEQUENCE NUMBER: 94067
- NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER:12V459000
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MAKE: SATURN
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MODEL: ION
- MODEL YEAR: 2007
- MFR CAMPAIGN NUMBER : 12190
- COMPONENT DESCRIPTION: FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:DELIVERY:FUEL PUMP
- MANUFACTURER THAT FILED DEFECT/NONCOMPLIANCE REPORT: General Motors LLC
- BEGIN DATE OF MANUFACTURING:
- END DATE OF MANUFACTURING:
- VEHICLE, EQUIPMENT OR TIRE REPORT: V
- POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 49768
- DATE OWNER NOTIFIED BY MFR: 20130101
- RECALL INITIATOR (MFR/OVSC/ODI): MFR
- MANUFACTURERS OF RECALLED VEHICLES/PRODUCTS: General Motors LLC
- REPORT RECEIVED DATE: 20120919
- RECORD CREATION DATE: 20120919
- REGULATION PART NUMBER:
- FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NUMBER:
General Motors (GM) is recalling certain model year 2007 Chevrolet Equinox and Pontiac Torrent vehicles originally sold or currently registered in Arizona, California, Nevada, and Texas; model year 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt, Pontiac G5, and Saturn ION vehicles originally sold, or currently registered in, Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada, or Texas; model year 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt and Pontiac G5 vehicles originally sold, or currently registered in, Arizona; and model year 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt and Pontiac G5 vehicles originally sold, or currently registered in, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Nevada, Oklahoma, or Texas. Some of these vehicles have a condition in which the plastic supply or return port on the fuel pump module may crack, which could cause a fuel leak.
Fuel leakage in the presence of an ignition source may result in a fire.
GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel pump module, free of charge. Notification to owners began on on November 21, 2012. Owners were instructed to not bring their vehicles in for repair until January 2013. Owners may contact General Motors at 1-800-521-7300.
GM's campaign number is 12190.This recall is an expansion of recall 09V-419.Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
UNIQUE COMPONENT NUMBER: 000049253000218923000000152