Recall Details For: 2010 FORD FUSION
NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER - 18V046000
- RUNNING SEQUENCE NUMBER: 126999
- NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER:18V046000
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MAKE: FORD
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MODEL: FUSION
- MODEL YEAR: 2010
- MFR CAMPAIGN NUMBER : 18S01
- COMPONENT DESCRIPTION: AIR BAGS:PASSENGER SIDE FRONTAL
- MANUFACTURER THAT FILED DEFECT/NONCOMPLIANCE REPORT: Ford Motor Company
- BEGIN DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20080218
- END DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20100725
- VEHICLE, EQUIPMENT OR TIRE REPORT: V
- POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 327796
- DATE OWNER NOTIFIED BY MFR: 20180521
- RECALL INITIATOR (MFR/OVSC/ODI): ODI
- MANUFACTURERS OF RECALLED VEHICLES/PRODUCTS: Ford Motor Company
- REPORT RECEIVED DATE: 20180111
- RECORD CREATION DATE: 20180116
- REGULATION PART NUMBER:
- FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NUMBER:
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2013 Ford Mustang vehicles sold, or ever registered in the states of Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands (Saipan), and the U.S. Virgin Islands or "Zone A." Additionally, Ford is recalling certain 2010 Ford Edge, Fusion, Mustang and Ranger, Lincoln MKX and Zephyr/MKZ, and Mercury Milan vehicles ever registered in the states of Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia or "Zone B." Ford is also recalling certain 2009 Ford Edge, Fusion, Mustang and Ranger, Lincoln MKX and Zephyr/MKZ, and Mercury Milan vehicles ever registered in the states of Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Idaho, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming or "Zone C." These vehicles are equipped with air bag inflators assembled as part of the passenger frontal air bag modules, used as original equipment or replacement equipment (such as after a vehicle crash necessitating replacement of the original air bags), that may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to high absolute humidity, temperature and temperature cycling.
An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger frontal air bag inflator, free of charge. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 18S01.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
UNIQUE COMPONENT NUMBER: 000081254000664803000001463