Recall Details For: 2010 SATURN AURA
NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER - 12V460000
- RUNNING SEQUENCE NUMBER: 93602
- NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER:12V460000
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MAKE: SATURN
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MODEL: AURA
- MODEL YEAR: 2010
- MFR CAMPAIGN NUMBER : 12106
- COMPONENT DESCRIPTION: POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:GEAR POSITION INDICATION (PRNDL)
- MANUFACTURER THAT FILED DEFECT/NONCOMPLIANCE REPORT: General Motors LLC
- BEGIN DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20090408
- END DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20090526
- VEHICLE, EQUIPMENT OR TIRE REPORT: V
- POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 426240
- DATE OWNER NOTIFIED BY MFR: 20130101
- RECALL INITIATOR (MFR/OVSC/ODI): MFR
- MANUFACTURERS OF RECALLED VEHICLES/PRODUCTS: General Motors LLC
- REPORT RECEIVED DATE: 20120918
- RECORD CREATION DATE: 20120919
- REGULATION PART NUMBER:
- FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NUMBER:
General Motors (GM) is recalling certain model year 2007-2010 Saturn Aura and model year 2008-2010 Chevrolet Malibu and Pontiac G6 vehicles, equipped with a 4-speed automatic transmission. On these vehicles, the tabs on the transmission shift cable end may fracture and separate.
If the tabs were to fracture and separate, the shift lever and the actual position of the transmission gear may not match. The driver would be able to move the shifter to 'PARK' and remove the ignition key, but the transmission gear may not be in 'PARK.' The vehicle may not be able to be restarted and the vehicle could roll away after the driver has exited the vehicle, resulting in a possible crash without prior warning.
GM will notify owners, and dealers will install a retainer over the cable end or replace the shift cable as necessary. This service will be performed free of charge. Notification to owners began on on November 9, 2012. Owners were instructed to not bring their vehicles for repair until January 2013. Owners may contact General Motors at 1-800-521-7300.
General Motors safety recall number 12106. Customers may contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); or go to www.safercar.gov.
UNIQUE COMPONENT NUMBER: 000049273000748784000000182