Recall Details For: 2011 FORD FUSION
NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER - 14E028000
- RUNNING SEQUENCE NUMBER: 104483
- NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER:14E028000
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MAKE: FORD
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MODEL: FUSION
- MODEL YEAR: 2011
- MFR CAMPAIGN NUMBER : 14S07
- COMPONENT DESCRIPTION: EQUIPMENT
- MANUFACTURER THAT FILED DEFECT/NONCOMPLIANCE REPORT: Ford Motor Company
- BEGIN DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20071109
- END DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20101031
- VEHICLE, EQUIPMENT OR TIRE REPORT: E
- POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 82579
- DATE OWNER NOTIFIED BY MFR: 20140726
- RECALL INITIATOR (MFR/OVSC/ODI): ODI
- MANUFACTURERS OF RECALLED VEHICLES/PRODUCTS: Ford Motor Company
- REPORT RECEIVED DATE: 20140529
- RECORD CREATION DATE: 20140530
- REGULATION PART NUMBER:
- FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NUMBER:
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain all weather driver side accessory floor mats sold for use in model year 2006-2011 Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan, 2006 Lincoln Zephyr, and 2007-2011 Lincoln MKZ vehicles manufactured November 9, 2007, through October 31, 2010. The affected floor mats may move and possibly interfere with the accelerator pedal.
The floor mat could shift such that it could interfere with the accelerator pedal, preventing its return to an idle position, which could result in unintended vehicle speeds, increasing the risk of a crash.
Ford will notify owners, and dealers will install new replacement mats, free of charge. The recall began in July 2014. Owners may contact Ford's customer service at 1-800-392-3673. Ford's number for this recall is 14S07. NOTE: Vehicles built after October 31, 2010, while potentially equipped with the same floor mats, are equipped with a Brake Over Accelerator (BOA) feature that prevents simultaneous accelerator and brake application, allowing the vehicle to be safely stopped by pressing firmly and steadily on the brake pedal.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
UNIQUE COMPONENT NUMBER: 000056475001034769000000329