Recall Details For: 2011 TOYOTA COROLLA MATRIX
NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER - 15V689000
- RUNNING SEQUENCE NUMBER: 116689
- NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER:15V689000
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MAKE: TOYOTA
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MODEL: COROLLA MATRIX
- MODEL YEAR: 2011
- MFR CAMPAIGN NUMBER : C0M
- COMPONENT DESCRIPTION: VISIBILITY:POWER WINDOW DEVICES AND CONTROLS
- MANUFACTURER THAT FILED DEFECT/NONCOMPLIANCE REPORT: Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing
- BEGIN DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20090101
- END DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20101231
- VEHICLE, EQUIPMENT OR TIRE REPORT: V
- POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 1814284
- DATE OWNER NOTIFIED BY MFR: 20151125
- RECALL INITIATOR (MFR/OVSC/ODI): MFR
- MANUFACTURERS OF RECALLED VEHICLES/PRODUCTS: Toyota Motor Corporation
- REPORT RECEIVED DATE: 20151022
- RECORD CREATION DATE: 20151022
- REGULATION PART NUMBER:
- FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NUMBER:
Toyota Motor Company (Toyota) is recalling certain model year 2009-2011 Tundra, Sequoia, Corolla, Corolla Matrix and Scion xB, 2008-2011 Highlander and Highlander Hybrid, 2007 Camry and Camry Hybrid, 2009 Camry and Camry Hybrid, 2006-2011 RAV4, 2006-2010 Yaris, and 2009-2010 Scion xD and Pontiac Vibe vehicles. During the manufacturing of the Power Window Master Switch (PWMS), grease lubricant may have been inconsistently applied to the sliding electrical contacts.
If the sliding electrical contacts are not protected by lubricant, debris and moisture that get into the switch may cause a short circuit and the switch assembly may overheat and melt, increasing the risk of a fire.
Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the switch, applying a lubricant if no abnormality is found. If abnormality is found, the PWMS circuit board will be replaced, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin December 20, 2015. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-800-331-4331. Toyota's number for this recall is C0M.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
UNIQUE COMPONENT NUMBER: 000058168001994307000000238