Recall Details For: 2012 FORD FUSION
NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER - 15V340000
- RUNNING SEQUENCE NUMBER: 115668
- NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER:15V340000
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MAKE: FORD
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MODEL: FUSION
- MODEL YEAR: 2012
- MFR CAMPAIGN NUMBER : 15S18
- COMPONENT DESCRIPTION: STEERING:ELECTRIC POWER ASSIST SYSTEM
- MANUFACTURER THAT FILED DEFECT/NONCOMPLIANCE REPORT: Ford Motor Company
- BEGIN DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20100907
- END DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20120228
- VEHICLE, EQUIPMENT OR TIRE REPORT: V
- POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 393623
- DATE OWNER NOTIFIED BY MFR: 20150721
- RECALL INITIATOR (MFR/OVSC/ODI): ODI
- MANUFACTURERS OF RECALLED VEHICLES/PRODUCTS: Ford Motor Company
- REPORT RECEIVED DATE: 20150602
- RECORD CREATION DATE: 20150602
- REGULATION PART NUMBER:
- FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NUMBER:
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2011-2012 Ford Fusion vehicles without a 3.5L engine and Lincoln MKZ hybrid electric vehicles, 2011 Mercury Milan vehicles, 2011-2012 Ford Taurus, Ford Flex, Lincoln MKS, and Lincoln MKT vehicles equipped with a 3.5L GTDI engine and 2013 Ford Taurus, Ford Flex, Lincoln MKS, and Lincoln MKT vehicles equipped with any available engine. The affected vehicles have electric power steering assist systems that may shut down as a result of a steering motor sensor fault.
If the vehicle experiences a loss of power steering assist, extra steering effort will be required at lower speeds, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash.
Ford will notify owners, and dealers will check the Power Steering Control Module (PSCM) for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC). If dealers find any loss of steering assist DTCs, the steering gear will be replaced, free of charge. If, no codes are found during the PSCM inspection, the PSCM software will be updated, free of charge. The recall began on July 21, 2015. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 15S18.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
UNIQUE COMPONENT NUMBER: 000057715001277769000001003