Recall Details For: 2012 HONDA ACCORD CROSSTOUR
NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER - 17V545000
- RUNNING SEQUENCE NUMBER: 136358
- NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER:17V545000
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MAKE: HONDA
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MODEL: ACCORD CROSSTOUR
- MODEL YEAR: 2012
- MFR CAMPAIGN NUMBER : O07,Y0A,N06,G05,M04
- COMPONENT DESCRIPTION: AIR BAGS:PASSENGER SIDE FRONTAL
- MANUFACTURER THAT FILED DEFECT/NONCOMPLIANCE REPORT: Honda (American Honda Motor Co.)
- BEGIN DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20120424
- END DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20120530
- VEHICLE, EQUIPMENT OR TIRE REPORT: V
- POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 3257
- DATE OWNER NOTIFIED BY MFR: 20171030
- RECALL INITIATOR (MFR/OVSC/ODI): MFR
- MANUFACTURERS OF RECALLED VEHICLES/PRODUCTS: Honda (American Honda Motor Co.)
- REPORT RECEIVED DATE: 20170831
- RECORD CREATION DATE: 20170906
- REGULATION PART NUMBER:
- FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NUMBER:
Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain 2008-2012 Accord, 2010-2012 Accord Crosstour, 2006-2011 Civic, 2007-2011 CR-V, 2009-2012 Fit and Pilot, 2010-2012 Insight, and 2009-2012 Acura TSX vehicles that received replacement passenger frontal air bag inflators. One dealership may have incorrectly installed the replacement air bag inflators.
In the event of a crash, an incorrectly installed passenger frontal air bag inflator may deploy the air bag improperly, increasing the risk of injury.
Honda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger frontal air bag module assembly, free of charge. The recall began October 30, 2017. Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-888-234-2138. Honda's numbers for this recall are O07, Y0A, N06, G05, M04, Y01, and O09.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
UNIQUE COMPONENT NUMBER: 000074866002311717000001463