Recall Details For: 2012 HONDA ACCORD
NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER - 18V268000
- RUNNING SEQUENCE NUMBER: 128236
- NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER:18V268000
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MAKE: HONDA
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MODEL: ACCORD
- MODEL YEAR: 2012
- MFR CAMPAIGN NUMBER : C1X
- COMPONENT DESCRIPTION: AIR BAGS:PASSENGER SIDE FRONTAL
- MANUFACTURER THAT FILED DEFECT/NONCOMPLIANCE REPORT: Honda (American Honda Motor Co.)
- BEGIN DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20111027
- END DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20111027
- VEHICLE, EQUIPMENT OR TIRE REPORT: V
- POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 492
- DATE OWNER NOTIFIED BY MFR: 20180622
- RECALL INITIATOR (MFR/OVSC/ODI): MFR
- MANUFACTURERS OF RECALLED VEHICLES/PRODUCTS: Honda (American Honda Motor Co.)
- REPORT RECEIVED DATE: 20180426
- RECORD CREATION DATE: 20180501
- REGULATION PART NUMBER:
- FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NUMBER:
Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain 2003-2012 Honda Accord and Pilot, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2001-2011 Civic, 2002-2011 CR-V, 2003-2004, 2006-2008 and 2011 Element, 2007 and 2009-2013 Fit, 2010-2012 Insight, 2002-2004 Odyssey, and 2012 Ridgeline vehicles. The front passenger air bag may have been installed incorrectly during replacement.
An incorrectly installed air bag may deploy improperly in the event of a crash, increasing the risk of injury.
Honda will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, if necessary, replace the passenger frontal air bag module assembly, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin June 2018. Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-888-234-2138. Honda's numbers for this recall are K1P, and M1O.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
UNIQUE COMPONENT NUMBER: 000084986001326768000001463