Recall Details For: 2012 HONDA ACCORD
NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER - 18V661000
- RUNNING SEQUENCE NUMBER: 127804
- NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER:18V661000
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MAKE: HONDA
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MODEL: ACCORD
- MODEL YEAR: 2012
- MFR CAMPAIGN NUMBER : M2J, S2K
- COMPONENT DESCRIPTION: AIR BAGS:PASSENGER SIDE FRONTAL
- MANUFACTURER THAT FILED DEFECT/NONCOMPLIANCE REPORT: Honda (American Honda Motor Co.)
- BEGIN DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20110511
- END DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20121002
- VEHICLE, EQUIPMENT OR TIRE REPORT: V
- POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 1357311
- DATE OWNER NOTIFIED BY MFR:
- RECALL INITIATOR (MFR/OVSC/ODI): MFR
- MANUFACTURERS OF RECALLED VEHICLES/PRODUCTS: Honda (American Honda Motor Co.)
- REPORT RECEIVED DATE: 20180927
- RECORD CREATION DATE: 20180928
- REGULATION PART NUMBER:
- FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NUMBER:
Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain 2014 Honda Insight and Acura TSX and TSX Wagon, 2014-2015 Honda Crosstour and Pilot vehicles nationwide, as well as certain 2014 Honda FCX Clarity and Fit EV vehicles in Florida, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Texas, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, California, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands (Saipan) and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Honda is also recalling certain 2011-2013 Acura TSX, TSX Wagon and ZDX, Honda Crosstour, Insight, Fit and Pilot vehicles, 2011-2012 Honda Accord and 2011 Honda Civic NGV, Civic, Civic Hybrid and CR-V vehicles in Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia. Lastly, Honda is recalling certain 2010-2013 Acura TSX and ZDX, Honda Crosstour, Fit, Insight and Pilot, 2011-2013 TSX Wagon, 2010-2012 Honda Accord and 2010-2011 Honda Civic NGV, Civic, Civic Hybrid and CR-V vehicles in Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Idaho, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming. These vehicles are equipped with certain air bag air bag inflators assembled as part of the frontal air bag modules, and used as original equipment or replacement equipment (such as after a vehicle crash necessitating replacement of the original air bags), may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to higher absolute humidity, temperature and temperature cycling.
An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
Honda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger frontal air bag inflator, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin November 13, 2018. Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-888-234-2138. Honda's numbers for this recall are M2J and S2K.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
UNIQUE COMPONENT NUMBER: 000091986001326768000001463