Recall Details For: 2012 TOYOTA TUNDRA
NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER - 13V123000
- RUNNING SEQUENCE NUMBER: 96977
- NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER:13V123000
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MAKE: TOYOTA
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MODEL: TUNDRA
- MODEL YEAR: 2012
- MFR CAMPAIGN NUMBER :
- COMPONENT DESCRIPTION: EQUIPMENT:OTHER:LABELS
- MANUFACTURER THAT FILED DEFECT/NONCOMPLIANCE REPORT: Southeast Toyota Distributors, LLC
- BEGIN DATE OF MANUFACTURING:
- END DATE OF MANUFACTURING:
- VEHICLE, EQUIPMENT OR TIRE REPORT: V
- POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 7525
- DATE OWNER NOTIFIED BY MFR: 20130528
- RECALL INITIATOR (MFR/OVSC/ODI): MFR
- MANUFACTURERS OF RECALLED VEHICLES/PRODUCTS: Toyota Motor Corporation
- REPORT RECEIVED DATE: 20130409
- RECORD CREATION DATE: 20130409
- REGULATION PART NUMBER: 571
- FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NUMBER: 110
Southeast Toyota is recalling certain model year 2008 and 2010-2013 Toyota Tundra, 2010-2012 Rav4, 2012 Toyota Sequoia, 2010-2011 Toyota Corolla, 2010-2011 Toyota Camry and Camry Hybrid, 2010-2013 Toyota Highlander and Highlander Hybrid, 2010-2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser, 2011 Toyota Land Cruiser, 2010-2013 Toyota Venza, 2010-2011 Toyota 4Runner, 2010-2013 Toyota Tacoma, 2011-2012 Toyota Sienna, 2012 Toyota Prius, 2013 Scion FR-S, 2011 Scion XD, 2011 Scion XB, and 2012 Scion TC vehicles. These vehicles were sold with labels that were outside the allowable one percent of accuracy of actual weight added. Thus, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) Number 110, "Tire Selection and Rims."
An inaccurate label could lead to owners overloading their vehicles and tires. An overloaded vehicle can result in a tire failure which may result in a vehicle crash, personal injury, or property damage.
Southeast Toyota will notify owners and provide a corrected label with instructions concerning its installation. A small group of the affected vehicles will need additonal remedies which are still being developed. The recall began on May 28, 2013. Owners may contact Southeast Toyota at 1-800-301-6859.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
UNIQUE COMPONENT NUMBER: 000054300001182782000000349