Recall Details For: 2013 NISSAN TITAN
NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER - 13V451000
- RUNNING SEQUENCE NUMBER: 97809
- NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER:13V451000
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MAKE: NISSAN
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MODEL: TITAN
- MODEL YEAR: 2013
- MFR CAMPAIGN NUMBER :
- COMPONENT DESCRIPTION: SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC:FOUNDATION COMPONENTS:MASTER CYLINDER
- MANUFACTURER THAT FILED DEFECT/NONCOMPLIANCE REPORT: Nissan North America, Inc.
- BEGIN DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20130222
- END DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20130503
- VEHICLE, EQUIPMENT OR TIRE REPORT: V
- POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 3247
- DATE OWNER NOTIFIED BY MFR: 20131021
- RECALL INITIATOR (MFR/OVSC/ODI): MFR
- MANUFACTURERS OF RECALLED VEHICLES/PRODUCTS: Nissan North America, Inc.
- REPORT RECEIVED DATE: 20130918
- RECORD CREATION DATE: 20131021
- REGULATION PART NUMBER:
- FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NUMBER:
Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain model year 2013 Titan and Armada vehicles manufactured February 22, 2013, through May 3, 2013. The affected vehicles have a brake master cylinder which may intermittently reduce the pressure supplied to the front brakes.
If the front brake pressure is reduced there would be less braking power, requiring a longer distance to stop the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
Nissan has notified owners, and dealers will replace the master cylinder, free of charge. The recall began on October 21, 2013. Owners may contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
UNIQUE COMPONENT NUMBER: 000055215001874854000000072