Recall Details For: 2013 TOYOTA TUNDRA
NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER - 14V429000
- RUNNING SEQUENCE NUMBER: 104517
- NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER:14V429000
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MAKE: TOYOTA
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MODEL: TUNDRA
- MODEL YEAR: 2013
- MFR CAMPAIGN NUMBER :
- COMPONENT DESCRIPTION: WHEELS:LUGS/NUTS/BOLTS
- MANUFACTURER THAT FILED DEFECT/NONCOMPLIANCE REPORT: Gulf States Toyota, Inc.
- BEGIN DATE OF MANUFACTURING:
- END DATE OF MANUFACTURING:
- VEHICLE, EQUIPMENT OR TIRE REPORT: V
- POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 16249
- DATE OWNER NOTIFIED BY MFR: 20140829
- RECALL INITIATOR (MFR/OVSC/ODI): MFR
- MANUFACTURERS OF RECALLED VEHICLES/PRODUCTS: Toyota Motor Corporation
- REPORT RECEIVED DATE: 20140716
- RECORD CREATION DATE: 20140716
- REGULATION PART NUMBER:
- FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NUMBER:
Gulf States Toyota, Inc. (GST) is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 Toyota Tundra vehicles modified by GST as part of certain vehicle packages to be equipped with a combination of non-Toyota-brand 20-inch alloy wheels and chrome plated lug nuts. The coating on the lug nuts may give, causing the lug nuts to loosen or the wheel studs to fracture.
If the lug nuts loosen, or the wheel studs fracture, the wheel may separate from the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
GST will notify owners, and dealers will replace 20 lug nuts and torque them to specification, free of charge. The recall began in August 2014. Owners may contact GST customer service at 1-800-444-1074.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
UNIQUE COMPONENT NUMBER: 000056653001534818000000312