Recall Details For: 2013 TOYOTA TUNDRA
NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER - 17V311000
- RUNNING SEQUENCE NUMBER: 125485
- NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER:17V311000
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MAKE: TOYOTA
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MODEL: TUNDRA
- MODEL YEAR: 2013
- MFR CAMPAIGN NUMBER : SET17A
- COMPONENT DESCRIPTION: WHEELS:LUGS/NUTS/BOLTS
- MANUFACTURER THAT FILED DEFECT/NONCOMPLIANCE REPORT: Southeast Toyota Distributors, LLC
- BEGIN DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20121008
- END DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20170420
- VEHICLE, EQUIPMENT OR TIRE REPORT: V
- POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 1325
- DATE OWNER NOTIFIED BY MFR: 20170623
- RECALL INITIATOR (MFR/OVSC/ODI): MFR
- MANUFACTURERS OF RECALLED VEHICLES/PRODUCTS: Toyota Motor Corporation
- REPORT RECEIVED DATE: 20170511
- RECORD CREATION DATE: 20170515
- REGULATION PART NUMBER:
- FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NUMBER:
Southeast Toyota Distributors, LLC (SET) is recalling certain model year 2013-2017 Toyota Tundra and Sequoia vehicles accessorized with Southeast Toyota accessory 20-inch Rockstar wheels installed by Southeast Toyota or a Southeast Toyota dealer. The Rockstar wheels were installed with lugnuts that may crack and detach.
Lugnuts that crack and detach may cause the wheels to separate from the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
SET will notify owners, and dealers will install new replacement lugnuts, free of charge. The recall began June 23, 2017. Owners may contact SET customer service at 1-866-405-4226. SET's number for this recall is SET17A.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
UNIQUE COMPONENT NUMBER: 000069966001534818000000312