Recall Details For: 2014 FORD FUSION
NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER - 14V597000
- RUNNING SEQUENCE NUMBER: 118497
- NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER:14V597000
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MAKE: FORD
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MODEL: FUSION
- MODEL YEAR: 2014
- MFR CAMPAIGN NUMBER : 14S21
- COMPONENT DESCRIPTION: AIR BAGS
- MANUFACTURER THAT FILED DEFECT/NONCOMPLIANCE REPORT: Ford Motor Company
- BEGIN DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20120203
- END DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20130824
- VEHICLE, EQUIPMENT OR TIRE REPORT: V
- POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 746842
- DATE OWNER NOTIFIED BY MFR: 20150526
- RECALL INITIATOR (MFR/OVSC/ODI): MFR
- MANUFACTURERS OF RECALLED VEHICLES/PRODUCTS: Ford Motor Company
- REPORT RECEIVED DATE: 20140926
- RECORD CREATION DATE: 20140926
- REGULATION PART NUMBER:
- FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NUMBER:
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 Ford C-Max vehicles manufactured January 19, 2012, to November 21, 2013; Ford Fusion vehicles manufactured February 3, 2012, to August 24, 2013; Ford Escape vehicles manufactured October 5, 2011, to November 1, 2013; and Lincoln MKZ vehicles manufactured April 25, 2012, to September 30, 2013. The coating on portions of the Restraint Control Module (RCM) may crack, and when exposed to humidity, circuits on the printed circuit board may short.
The short circuits could cause the frontal air bags, side curtain air bags and the seat belt pretensioners to not function as intended when needed, increasing the risk of occupant injury in the event of a crash.
Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the RCM, free of charge. Parts are not currently available. The recall began on May 26,2015. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 14S21.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
UNIQUE COMPONENT NUMBER: 000056896001926945000000256