Recall Details For: 2014 TOYOTA AVALON
NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER - 14V715000
- RUNNING SEQUENCE NUMBER: 107634
- NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER:14V715000
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MAKE: TOYOTA
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MODEL: AVALON
- MODEL YEAR: 2014
- MFR CAMPAIGN NUMBER :
- COMPONENT DESCRIPTION: SUSPENSION:FRONT:CONTROL ARM:LOWER ARM
- MANUFACTURER THAT FILED DEFECT/NONCOMPLIANCE REPORT: Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing
- BEGIN DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20140903
- END DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20140915
- VEHICLE, EQUIPMENT OR TIRE REPORT: V
- POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 5650
- DATE OWNER NOTIFIED BY MFR: 20141212
- RECALL INITIATOR (MFR/OVSC/ODI): MFR
- MANUFACTURERS OF RECALLED VEHICLES/PRODUCTS: Toyota Motor Corporation
- REPORT RECEIVED DATE: 20141107
- RECORD CREATION DATE: 20141107
- REGULATION PART NUMBER:
- FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NUMBER:
Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain model year 2014 Toyota Camry, Camry HV, Avalon, and Avalon HV vehicles equipped with 16-inch and 17-inch rims. In the affected vehicles, the left-side front suspension lower arm may have been incorrectly manufactured. As a result, the left side lower arm may not have enough clamping surface area for one of the bolts that secures the lower arm to the lower ball joint.
Because of the insufficient clamping force, the lower arm may separate from the ball joint, increasing the risk of a crash.
Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will replace the left side lower arm, free of charge. The recall began on December 12, 2014. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-800-331-4331.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
UNIQUE COMPONENT NUMBER: 000057049001962035000000040