Recall Details For: 2014 TOYOTA AVALON HYBRID
NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER - 15V728000
- RUNNING SEQUENCE NUMBER: 109539
- NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER:15V728000
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MAKE: TOYOTA
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MODEL: AVALON HYBRID
- MODEL YEAR: 2014
- MFR CAMPAIGN NUMBER : F1V, F2E
- COMPONENT DESCRIPTION: FORWARD COLLISION AVOIDANCE: CRASH IMMINENT BRAKING
- MANUFACTURER THAT FILED DEFECT/NONCOMPLIANCE REPORT: Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing
- BEGIN DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20121019
- END DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20151027
- VEHICLE, EQUIPMENT OR TIRE REPORT: V
- POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 30812
- DATE OWNER NOTIFIED BY MFR: 20160728
- RECALL INITIATOR (MFR/OVSC/ODI): MFR
- MANUFACTURERS OF RECALLED VEHICLES/PRODUCTS: Toyota Motor Corporation
- REPORT RECEIVED DATE: 20151103
- RECORD CREATION DATE: 20151103
- REGULATION PART NUMBER:
- FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NUMBER:
Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain model year 2013-2015 Avalon and Avalon Hybrid vehicles manufactured October 19, 2012 to October 27, 2015 and 2013-2015 Lexus ES350 and ES300h vehicles manufactured June 18, 2012 to July 6, 2015. The affected vehicles are equipped with a Pre-Collision System (PCS) as optional equipment. In these vehicles, the PCS may unexpectedly activate and apply the brakes when the radar detects a steel joint or plate in the roadway as an object.
A vehicle that unexpectedly brakes increases the risk of a crash.
Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will replace certain PCS components, free of charge. The recall began on July 28, 2016. Owners may contact Toyota at 1-888-270-9371. Toyota's numbers for this campaign are F1V and F2E.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
UNIQUE COMPONENT NUMBER: 000058214001962036000001406