Recall Details For: 2015 FORD FUSION HYBRID
NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER - 14V736000
- RUNNING SEQUENCE NUMBER: 116776
- NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER:14V736000
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MAKE: FORD
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MODEL: FUSION HYBRID
- MODEL YEAR: 2015
- MFR CAMPAIGN NUMBER : 14C11
- COMPONENT DESCRIPTION: POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:CONTROL MODULE (TCM, PCM)
- MANUFACTURER THAT FILED DEFECT/NONCOMPLIANCE REPORT: Ford Motor Company
- BEGIN DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20140224
- END DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20141031
- VEHICLE, EQUIPMENT OR TIRE REPORT: V
- POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 56479
- DATE OWNER NOTIFIED BY MFR: 20141215
- RECALL INITIATOR (MFR/OVSC/ODI): MFR
- MANUFACTURERS OF RECALLED VEHICLES/PRODUCTS: Ford Motor Company
- REPORT RECEIVED DATE: 20141118
- RECORD CREATION DATE: 20141118
- REGULATION PART NUMBER:
- FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NUMBER: 114
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Ford Fusion vehicles manufactured July 27, 2013, to October 31, 2014, 2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid vehicles manufactured February 24, 2014, to October 31, 2014, and 2015 Ford Fusion Energi vehicles manufactured July 14, 2014, to October 31, 2014. In the affected vehicles, the key may be able to be removed even while the transmission is not in Park. Thus, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 114, "Theft Protection and Rollaway Prevention."
If the key can be removed despite that the transmission is not in Park, a driver may think the vehicle is safety parked, when it is not, increasing the risk of a vehicle rollaway that could cause the vehicle to strike and injure the driver, other vehicle occupants, or bystanders.
Ford will notify owners, and dealers will repair the vehicles, free of charge. The recall began on December 15, 2014. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 14C11.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
UNIQUE COMPONENT NUMBER: 000057093001979427000000181