Recall Details For: 2015 FORD FUSION HYBRID
NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER - 18V592000
- RUNNING SEQUENCE NUMBER: 137166
- NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER:18V592000
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MAKE: FORD
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MODEL: FUSION HYBRID
- MODEL YEAR: 2015
- MFR CAMPAIGN NUMBER : 18S24
- COMPONENT DESCRIPTION: EQUIPMENT:ELECTRICAL
- MANUFACTURER THAT FILED DEFECT/NONCOMPLIANCE REPORT: Ford Motor Company
- BEGIN DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20120904
- END DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20150315
- VEHICLE, EQUIPMENT OR TIRE REPORT: V
- POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 49197
- DATE OWNER NOTIFIED BY MFR:
- RECALL INITIATOR (MFR/OVSC/ODI): MFR
- MANUFACTURERS OF RECALLED VEHICLES/PRODUCTS: Ford Motor Company
- REPORT RECEIVED DATE: 20180910
- RECORD CREATION DATE: 20180911
- REGULATION PART NUMBER:
- FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NUMBER:
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 120V Convenience charge cords that were supplied with and sold for use with 2013-2015 Ford C-Max Energi and Fusion Energi vehicles and 2012-2015 Ford Focus Electric vehicles. Cords with part numbers FM58-10B706-AA, FM58-10B706-AB, FM58-10B706-AC, FM58-10B706-AD, FM58-10B706-AE and FM58-10B706-AF were manufactured without thermistors, and during vehicle charging, increased resistance in the house's outlet or wiring can cause the cord to overheat and melt.
An overheated cord can increase the risk of a fire.
Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the current cord with a new 120V convenience cord with a thermistor, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin September 17, 2018. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 18S24.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
UNIQUE COMPONENT NUMBER: 000090806001979427000000338