Recall Details For: 2015 TOYOTA PRIUS C
NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER - 15V514000
- RUNNING SEQUENCE NUMBER: 106385
- NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER:15V514000
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MAKE: TOYOTA
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MODEL: PRIUS C
- MODEL YEAR: 2015
- MFR CAMPAIGN NUMBER : SET15E
- COMPONENT DESCRIPTION: TIRES:PRESSURE MONITORING AND REGULATING SYSTEMS
- MANUFACTURER THAT FILED DEFECT/NONCOMPLIANCE REPORT: Southeast Toyota Distributors, LLC
- BEGIN DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20150420
- END DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20150630
- VEHICLE, EQUIPMENT OR TIRE REPORT: V
- POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 949
- DATE OWNER NOTIFIED BY MFR: 20150915
- RECALL INITIATOR (MFR/OVSC/ODI): MFR
- MANUFACTURERS OF RECALLED VEHICLES/PRODUCTS: Toyota Motor Corporation
- REPORT RECEIVED DATE: 20150813
- RECORD CREATION DATE: 20150813
- REGULATION PART NUMBER:
- FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NUMBER: 138
Southeast Toyota Distributors, LLC (SET) is recalling certain model year 2015 Toyota Prius C vehicles manufactured April 20, 2015, to June 30, 2015. In the affected vehicles, the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) may be improperly calibrated and, as a result, the TPMS may fail to warn the driver that the tire pressure is low. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 138, "Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems."
If the vehicle is driven on underinflated tires, the tires may fail. Sudden tire failure increases the risk of a crash.
SET will notify owners, and dealers will re-calibrate the TPMS, free of charge. The recall began on September 15, 2015. Owners may contact SET customer service at 1-866-405-4226. SET's number for this recall is SET15E.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
UNIQUE COMPONENT NUMBER: 000057940001991810000000308