Recall Details For: 2015 TOYOTA PRIUS PLUG-IN HYBRID
NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER - 17V718000
- RUNNING SEQUENCE NUMBER: 126578
- NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER:17V718000
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MAKE: TOYOTA
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MODEL: PRIUS PLUG-IN HYBRID
- MODEL YEAR: 2015
- MFR CAMPAIGN NUMBER : H0R
- COMPONENT DESCRIPTION: HYBRID PROPULSION SYSTEM
- MANUFACTURER THAT FILED DEFECT/NONCOMPLIANCE REPORT: Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing
- BEGIN DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20110720
- END DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20150108
- VEHICLE, EQUIPMENT OR TIRE REPORT: V
- POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 39915
- DATE OWNER NOTIFIED BY MFR: 20180111
- RECALL INITIATOR (MFR/OVSC/ODI): MFR
- MANUFACTURERS OF RECALLED VEHICLES/PRODUCTS: Toyota Motor Corporation
- REPORT RECEIVED DATE: 20171115
- RECORD CREATION DATE: 20171117
- REGULATION PART NUMBER:
- FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NUMBER:
Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2012-2015 Prius Plug-in Hybrid vehicles. The hybrid battery contains an Electric Vehicle (EV) fuse that may fracture after repeated high-load driving conditions such as climbing long hills.
The failed fuse may cause the hybrid system to shut down resulting in the loss of power. Loss of power while driving at higher speeds can increase the risk of a crash.
Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will replace the EV fuse, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin January 8, 2018. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-800-331-4331. Toyota's number for this recall is H0R.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
UNIQUE COMPONENT NUMBER: 000078406002203730000001423