Recall Details For: 2016 NISSAN TITAN
NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER - 16V847000
- RUNNING SEQUENCE NUMBER: 120753
- NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER:16V847000
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MAKE: NISSAN
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MODEL: TITAN
- MODEL YEAR: 2016
- MFR CAMPAIGN NUMBER :
- COMPONENT DESCRIPTION: FUEL SYSTEM, DIESEL:STORAGE:TANK ASSEMBLY
- MANUFACTURER THAT FILED DEFECT/NONCOMPLIANCE REPORT: Nissan North America, Inc.
- BEGIN DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20150807
- END DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20160901
- VEHICLE, EQUIPMENT OR TIRE REPORT: V
- POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 12112
- DATE OWNER NOTIFIED BY MFR: 20161212
- RECALL INITIATOR (MFR/OVSC/ODI): MFR
- MANUFACTURERS OF RECALLED VEHICLES/PRODUCTS: Nissan North America, Inc.
- REPORT RECEIVED DATE: 20161122
- RECORD CREATION DATE: 20161122
- REGULATION PART NUMBER:
- FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NUMBER:
Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain model year 2016 Titan Diesel XD vehicles manufactured August 7, 2015, to September 1, 2016. The affected vehicles may not have had the temporary fuel tank breather tube cap removed during the vehicle's assembly and the fuel tank breather tube may not have been connected to the bed rail. As a result, the fuel tank may not have the proper ventilation, possibly causing the fuel gauge and the distance to empty meter to both display inaccurately.
If the fuel gauge reads incorrectly, the vehicle can run out of fuel without the driver being aware, increasing the risk of a crash.
Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the fuel tank breather tube, replacing the fuel tank, fuel sending unit, and/or fuel tank breather tube, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on December 12, 2016. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-647-7261.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
UNIQUE COMPONENT NUMBER: 000062626001998368000000159