Recall Details For: 2017 FORD FUSION
NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER - 17V427000
- RUNNING SEQUENCE NUMBER: 126215
- NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER:17V427000
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MAKE: FORD
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MODEL: FUSION
- MODEL YEAR: 2017
- MFR CAMPAIGN NUMBER : 17S16
- COMPONENT DESCRIPTION: POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:TORQUE CONVERTER
- MANUFACTURER THAT FILED DEFECT/NONCOMPLIANCE REPORT: Ford Motor Company
- BEGIN DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20170504
- END DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20170615
- VEHICLE, EQUIPMENT OR TIRE REPORT: V
- POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 6026
- DATE OWNER NOTIFIED BY MFR: 20170825
- RECALL INITIATOR (MFR/OVSC/ODI): MFR
- MANUFACTURERS OF RECALLED VEHICLES/PRODUCTS: Ford Motor Company
- REPORT RECEIVED DATE: 20170706
- RECORD CREATION DATE: 20170707
- REGULATION PART NUMBER:
- FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NUMBER:
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2017 Lincoln MKZ and Ford Edge and Fusion vehicles. On vehicles with 2.0L gas engines and six-speed automatic transmissions, the torque converter weld studs may have been inadequately welded.
If the torque converter weld studs fail, the torque converter will not be connected to the engine flexplate and the vehicle will lose the ability to move, increasing the risk of a crash.
Ford or Lincoln will notify owners, and dealers will replace the torque converters, free of charge. The recall began August 25, 2017. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 17S16.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
UNIQUE COMPONENT NUMBER: 000072426002027740000000186