Recall Details For: 2017 NISSAN TITAN
NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER - 17V268000
- RUNNING SEQUENCE NUMBER: 133523
- NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER:17V268000
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MAKE: NISSAN
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MODEL: TITAN
- MODEL YEAR: 2017
- MFR CAMPAIGN NUMBER :
- COMPONENT DESCRIPTION: SEAT BELTS:REAR
- MANUFACTURER THAT FILED DEFECT/NONCOMPLIANCE REPORT: Nissan North America, Inc.
- BEGIN DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20150807
- END DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20170224
- VEHICLE, EQUIPMENT OR TIRE REPORT: V
- POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 44264
- DATE OWNER NOTIFIED BY MFR: 20170919
- RECALL INITIATOR (MFR/OVSC/ODI): OVSC
- MANUFACTURERS OF RECALLED VEHICLES/PRODUCTS: Nissan North America, Inc.
- REPORT RECEIVED DATE: 20170424
- RECORD CREATION DATE: 20170425
- REGULATION PART NUMBER:
- FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NUMBER: 201
Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain 2016-2017 Nissan Titan Crew Cab and Titan XD Crew Cab vehicles. In the event of a crash, the rear seatbelt assembly may not adequately protect the occupant's head, allowing it to contact the D-ring bolt trim cap. As such, these vehicles fail to conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 201, "Occupant Protection in Interior Impact."
If the occupant's head contacts the D-ring bolt trim cap during a crash, there is an increased risk of injury.
Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will install energy absorbing material to the C-Pillar Finishers and replace the Seatbelt Bolt and Bolt Cap, free of charge. The recall began September 19, 2017. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-647-7261.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
UNIQUE COMPONENT NUMBER: 000068986002278717000000270