Recall Details For: 2018 NISSAN TITAN
NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER - 18V240000
- RUNNING SEQUENCE NUMBER: 137254
- NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER:18V240000
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MAKE: NISSAN
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MODEL: TITAN
- MODEL YEAR: 2018
- MFR CAMPAIGN NUMBER :
- COMPONENT DESCRIPTION: EQUIPMENT:OTHER:LABELS
- MANUFACTURER THAT FILED DEFECT/NONCOMPLIANCE REPORT: Nissan North America, Inc.
- BEGIN DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20160414
- END DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20180227
- VEHICLE, EQUIPMENT OR TIRE REPORT: V
- POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 483
- DATE OWNER NOTIFIED BY MFR: 20180604
- RECALL INITIATOR (MFR/OVSC/ODI): MFR
- MANUFACTURERS OF RECALLED VEHICLES/PRODUCTS: Nissan North America, Inc.
- REPORT RECEIVED DATE: 20180416
- RECORD CREATION DATE: 20180418
- REGULATION PART NUMBER:
- FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NUMBER: 110
Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain 2016-2018 Nissan Titan, 2016 and 2018 Nissan Titan XD vehicles. Accessories installed on these vehicles reduced the load carrying capacity, however, a Load Carrying Capacity modification label was not installed, possibly allowing the vehicle to be overloaded. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 110, "Tire Selection and Rims."
An overloaded vehicle can increase the risk of a crash.
Nissan will notify owners and provide a new modification label, with installation instructions, free of charge. The recall began on June 4, 2018. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-867-7669.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
UNIQUE COMPONENT NUMBER: 000084446002975733000000349