Recall Details For: 2018 NISSAN TITAN
NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER - 19V495000
- RUNNING SEQUENCE NUMBER: 143122
- NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER:19V495000
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MAKE: NISSAN
- VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT MODEL: TITAN
- MODEL YEAR: 2018
- MFR CAMPAIGN NUMBER :
- COMPONENT DESCRIPTION: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:ALTERNATOR/GENERATOR/REGULATOR
- MANUFACTURER THAT FILED DEFECT/NONCOMPLIANCE REPORT: Nissan North America, Inc.
- BEGIN DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20160414
- END DATE OF MANUFACTURING: 20181008
- VEHICLE, EQUIPMENT OR TIRE REPORT: V
- POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 91319
- DATE OWNER NOTIFIED BY MFR: 20190806
- RECALL INITIATOR (MFR/OVSC/ODI): MFR
- MANUFACTURERS OF RECALLED VEHICLES/PRODUCTS: Nissan North America, Inc.
- REPORT RECEIVED DATE: 20190626
- RECORD CREATION DATE: 20190627
- REGULATION PART NUMBER:
- FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NUMBER:
Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain 2017-2019 gasoline, light duty, Titan vehicles. The alternator harness may have been damaged during the engine installation process, possibly resulting in an electrical short.
An electrical short may cause an engine stall, increasing the risk of a crash. In addition, it increases the risk of a fire.
Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the alternator harness for the proper routing and any damage. The harness will be clipped into the correct position or replaced as necessary, free of charge. The recall began August 8, 2019. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-867-7669.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
UNIQUE COMPONENT NUMBER: 000098712002975733000000203